Thursday 16 April 2020

Term 2 Day 2 - How are we feeling? What news do we have to share?

It has been great to see some of your lovely, smiling faces today in our Google Meet sessions!
I have enjoyed listening to what you have been up to - cooking/baking experiments, adopting kittens (so jealous! - I couldn't adopt as the SPCA was all out of animals when I attempted), spending time with your families, bike rides, watching movies and playing games online with your friends (not on your school accounts of course!). I look forward to chatting with more of you tomorrow. Keep up the great work, stay tuned in to our class blog and remember - I am only an email away if you feel unsure about anything. Do what you can. Enjoy the benefits of working from home. Keep in touch. Do not stress. We have got this Room 1!

If you would like to share any photos of your cooking, new pets or any work you have been doing, remember your personal blog is a great place for you to share and connect with others. Keep sharing your work with me as you have been doing.

Have you learned any new skills over the holidays? What have been your highlights recently? Let's share our awesome news with each other regularly, to stay connected. Comment below if you want to share anything!

I started to teach myself how to knit via youtube tutorials - it was challenging at first, but I am getting the hang of it - a scarf is in the making. I have also been cooking a lot of meals and trying new recipes, watching movies, going for walks in the park near my house. Do you have any recipes you want to share? Post to your blogs! Did you know you can make doughnuts using only 2 ingredients? and they taste like scones - yumm! (greek yoghurt and self-raising flour). Tip: if you don't have self-raising flour, you can use regular flour and just add 1.5 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt per cup of flour. Maybe we should start a recipe section on our class blog!

Kia kaha! (Stay strong!)

Miss Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment